Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Coming Soon 2010
Amazing Grace 2: The Foundations of Reformed Theology will take you on a journey into the very heart of the Reformation, the greatest spiritual awakening since the days of the Apostles. During the next few hours you will come to experience the heart and mind of the great Reformers: Martin Luther, John Calvin, John Knox, Ulrich Zwingli, William Farel, Theodore Beza and others. You will witness how they risked their lives to reassert the foundational principles of true biblical Christianity as they stood against the tyranny of Rome.
Discover why the Reformers insisted on:
• Sola Scriptura (the Scripture alone is our absolute standard)
• Soli Deo Gloria (God’s glory alone is salvation’s ultimate goal)
• Solo Christo (Christ’s work alone saves sinners)
• Sola Gratia (God’s grace alone brings salvation)
• Sola Fide (faith alone is the instrument of salvation)
Learn how the modern church has surrendered much of the blood-bought treasures of the Reformation through:
• emotional experientialism
• intellectual superficiality
• cultural adaptation
• ecclesiastical idolatry
• and other tragic failures
Sense the enormous tragedy in Protestantism’s forfeiting her blessed heritage for a mess of pottage. And it is doing this even without the pressure of Rome’s universal dominance and the tyrannical exercise of the Inquisition. What is worse, the contemporary church has not only surrendered her blood-bought treasures, but has put herself back on the road to Rome. Men and brethren, what shall we do? Come and learn how we can escape the slippery slope to Rome as we re-engage the pilgrim’s progress from this world to that which is to come.