The Gospel

Friday, September 4, 2009


Stained Glass Windows

(Matt. 9: 37-38, 21:12-13, 23:13, 1 Sam 2:11-17, Jer 5:30-31)

Steve: Sometimes I feel like a hypocrite, spittin’ the gospel and not livin’ it/ I got the Word and the Spirit it’s not like I’m ill-equipped/ but sometimes my pride slips and I find my lips/ quotin’ the lines and scripts that makes my heart skip// then I get hit with conviction/ Lord I was trippin’ forgive me for missin’ it this time I’ma sit and listen/ I’ve made a lot of apologies for speakin’ sharply/ when you simply wanted me to live godly// I’m to quick to point the finger/ at all of these false teachers, rappers, pastors and gospel singer/ sometimes I think my rhyme’s cool/ but I gotta go back and change lines ’cause I’m off on somethin’ doctrinal// but your grace is sufficient/ when I’m bein’ a chicken out in the streets not witnessin’ I’m still forgiven/ It’s easy to preach with a mic/ but I’m slow of speech like Moses when I’m toe to toe in the streets right?// But I can’t let it stop me/ the word’s still gotta go forth, I just got drop the hypocrisy/ there’s no time to stop preachin’ it/ the world and the church are wildin’ out somebody’s gotta keep speakin’ it// so I pray that I can present it right/ but it starts in the heart and your the only one I know that can get it right/ but I’m patient the walk is still a fight/ so I’ma continue grippin’ the mic, prayin’ you help me to spit it right//

Hook: It’s time to do somethin’ the Lord is waitin’ for the saints to pray for more laborers y’all/ so move somethin’/ we all need to repent yo, the world can’t see God in the church through the stained glass windows// the house of prayer has become a den of thieves/ a circus of false worship mocked by God’s enemies/ the Pharisee leaven is sin yo, the world can’t see God in the church through the stained glass windows//

Cuts

Steve: It ain’t a game no more/ Satan’s puttin’ in mad work with his demons you the church is at war/ but, while families are headed for hell/ greedy hypocritical Christian keep the word of life to themselves// the church has lost it’s compassion/ they no longer sit with the sinners their content with throwin’ their cash in/ a bucket, “let somebody else do it, I ain’t got time”/ cats caught up fellowship while the worlds dyin’// the front liners are few/ the nurses out number the soldiers a hundred and 149 to 22/ we’re to busy convertin’ Christians/ bickerin’ over the gift of tongues and dispensationalism// there’s no love for the lost/ everybody’s prayin’ for revival but nobody’s willin’ to pay the cost/ his watchmen are blind, dumb dogs that can’t even bark/ the lamps lack oil, why should a revival spark?// the flame wouldn’t sustain/ we’re too immature to bear children, years later only drama would remain/ I’m sure the Lord’s about to throw up/ the church is lukewarm and the children of God need to grow up// I can’t take the name Stephen/ and sit silent while the name of God is blasphemed among the heathen/ they take Him for a joke because present him that way/ the salvation of the masses is at stake//

Hook

Cuts

No comments:

Please Take the Time to Find Out

The audience was in shock then and many audiences continue to be shocked by it today.

The Most Terrifying Truth of Scripture